NOW THAT YOU ARE READY TO TRADE ITEMS, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW SOME SAFETY TIPS.
1. Meet only in public places and only during the day. Choose a well-lit public place to meet. Have a second back-up location in case of any unforeseen business closings. Coffee shops are great, as are any locations where there are lots of people.
2. Email and phone a family member to let them know where you will be going and whom you meet. If possible share your location with them using your smartphone.
3. Bring a friend. It is highly recommended to bring a friend or family member with you.
4. If you are completing your transaction using cash, only bring the amount you agreed upon. If you think you may need a little extra to barter, keep that cash separate. Never wire money or accept checks from those you do not know.
5. Don’t give out personal information such as your address or phone number.
6. Don’t ever get into a vehicle with someone you don’t know.
7. Don’t stray from you original plans. Meet, conduct your business and be on your way.